Thursday, September 4, 2008

Animals...

I have learned in the 9 yrs that I have been married to David that I hate animals with fur or hair. I think it is becuase of the smell. Not to mention dog hair or cat hair that gets left behind everywhere. The worst is when I come home from someones house and hair is all over me. Then... that one sweater or sweat shirt I like to wear is not fun to wear anymore. Because no matter how much you try to wash it, the hair is still there. So we have had Cats... and a family of cats, 2 litters of kittens. We have had fish...which I love if there is not a lot of maintance. Like our beta we have right now. So easy. There is a plant in it's bowl and if we forget to feed the dang thing "it" will eat off the roots of the plant. We had a whole huge tank of fish at one point and that was not so cool. The only cool thing was the bottom feeder that ate all that nasty green stuff. Made it a little easier to clean. Then we have had a hamster, which smelled and it needed to have it's cage cleaned like weekly but only got cleaned every three weeks. Then the poor thing decided to go into hybernation when we put it out in the garage. It was not that cold in there either. Apparently it went into hybernation twice and when it got warmer out it did not wake up. Cats were fun for the most part, minus the kitty litter. It stinks. We taught our cat to be toilet trainned. He used the toilet alright but man did his poops stink. In order to keep him I suggested he needed to learn how to flush. We ended up moving and giving him to family. He was not allowed where we were headed. Now we have a lizard/chameleaon(SP). His name is merlin. Aside from his tiny poops that rarely smell. He just eats crickets, worms, and water. Pretty easy to take care of. He is in his own little green jungle of plants. He will climb from plant to plant and he doesn't shed, doesn't hardly stink, and he is quiet. The only down side is he eats crickets. Which translated to david buying a farm of them to raise on our own to make it less expenisive to buy them from the store. I see the logice but man they stink. THey eat these weird water gel things and carrots and apples etc. Anyway. The coolest pet yet I think. We had chickens 2 times now. The first time we had them we had 3 of them. and they gave us about 3-6 eggs a day. They were in their own coupe etc so it was nice. THey are very messy though. They stink too. and they shed their feathers everywhere too. I think it is because they have to many chicken fights. Okay the second time we have had them was at a house in the city. I won't say which city. But it was hard to maintain the poor things. The kids would step in the poop. It was a nasty situation. David loves chickens. Sorry hunny no farm animals without a farm! We gave them to a great home and we still can have eggs! Anyway, animals are not my thing. The only one we have not had yet is a dog. I would love a dog. I am more a dog person than anything. But I hate the poop and I hat the smell. I also hate the hair so it would have to be a short hair dog or one that doesn;t shed. We had a cocker growing up and aside from peeing when you got home because the poor thing was so excited to see you, she was the best dog. Her name was ginger. SHe was a red head. Very short for a cocker. Anyway, I would want another lap dog. O ri would want a dog that is outside all the time with a dog house that I take on walks and spoil at parks. I would deffenitely have a place where they poop consistantly and where I could easy hose it down. I hate cleaning it up. Any poop for that matter. Ok so I thought the animal discussion was better than hearing about baby this and baby that. Since it seems we are adding to the family. I know people get sick of hearing it but that is our life right now. Oh yah the lizards do shed but at least yo ucan throw it away and not have it stick to your favorite sweatshirt!

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter