Sunday, March 22, 2009

Advice about getting your Reflux child out of your bed and into his?

OK, SO David finally said last night "shouldn't he be in his own bed"? I said "well yes". Duh. I do want him in his own bed but he is waking every night 3-5 times to suck or vomit. He was doing great there for awhile. He would sleep in his swing and would be there for at least 6 hours. Lately he has been on me all night. TO the point that I just lay there all night. I think it is real annoying and I want him off and out of our bed. I toss and turn with him all night. Poor daddy gets the edge of the bed. If he wants to get up and feed him a bottle 3-4 times a night to get him in bed then I think I will get him out finally. Otherwise I think he can stay put until the reflux ends. Which is hopefully soon. He vomited on me 4 times yesterday for no reason. I burped him etc. But it was like the acid was so strong. It just came up. It wasn't even milk color. It was that acid yellowish clear stuff. YUCK! Anyway I do want him out but I am afraid with the reflux he might just wake up more. He hates his crib and Port-a-crib. I have tried it a few nights and I get bloody murder screams with him not letting up. He could cry all night if I let him. Then of course I feel like a horrible mom letting him cry. he is a happier baby when he is with us. What are your thoughts. Have any of you been in the situation? Sarina was out of our bed by 6 months. She stopped nursing and took a bottle. So she could go 4 hours without eating. Dean is a 3 hour baby and sometimes 2 hours at night. Eli was done Breast feeding at 3 months. with formula and breast milk until he was 4.5 months old. It helped a lot with his reflux. He had it worse than dean but he loved being in his bed at 4 months. We all could not sleep. So I finally tried it and he loved his bed, but not Dean! The Dr. Doesn't seem to care much as long as we are sleeping at night. On a typical night he will sleep from 7 or 8om until 7am. lately though it has been 11pm-8am with 4 feedings. Exhausting. I love the baby stages but I don't like missing my sleep. let me know your tricks? I guess I either need him on formula so he can go longer at night without eating or figure out how to get him off me at night. He was doing good. He would eat at 8pm and go until 2am, and then he would eat. THen again at 5 and 7am. THen he want to be topped off at 9:30am before his mornign nap.

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter