Friday, March 20, 2009

HELP!

Ok I always thought growing up I would have the perfect home with the perfect pictures and the perfect furniture etc... All worldly things of course. I always thought I would keep my neat and tidy OCD that I have had since growing up. {Before kids came along} Now I am battling the phase in my life where i want to de-clutter everything and get rid of it all and start fresh. We have grown out of our house so to say. I remember moving into this rental and having the necessaties and a few extra. We have that now plus some. Our food storage has grown and has taken over our closets.{Which is smart!} I would rather have food than a place for a breast feedin pillow, sewing machine, extra books, shoes, etc. I have reached the dilima where I want to be CLEAN again. I think Right now we have every dish we own on our counter due to not getting dish's done of course. Which is due to cleaning up all the mess and keeping me from keeping up on all the daily stuff. Having kids is like having fireworks go off in every room every 5 minutes. I will have to say I would much rather be the mom that has fun with her kids, blogs about it and is not grumpy and yelling at everyone to clean all the time. I love being a mom. I love the challenges so that I can grow stronger. I love to try new things and go new places. My goal this month if I so choose to accept it. I am going to De-clutter my home! Now This is where I royally fail. How do you do it?? How do you let go of stacks of paper projects from prechool and playdough models that have dried up? How do you let go of clothes you hope to wear again someday because you want to loose weight. How do you let go of nick nacks and old pictures you hope to hang with new frames but can not afford too hang them. {I have tought of the fabic technique}. How do you throw out toys your kids don't use, extra paper for projects, prechools boxes full of paper projects they can work on, stuffed animals, extra cups your kids want to keep, decorating mistakes, blankets you don't use, christmas decorations that are in abumdance, tons of perfume and frangrances from smelly places at the mall. CAN YOU SEE MY DILIMA>>>>>>>>I don't need all this stuff. I See Dollar signs $$$$$$$$$$When I look at this stuff. I tell myself I should get rid of it. But then if I do and I need more of it I will just buy it again. So a few of my friends are able to maintain this cleanliness and I am amazed as to how they do it with 5-6 kids. I guess they do have older ones. But then I see family's that have 3-4 younger ones and wonder if they spend there savings on hiring a nanny so they can clean or hire a cleaner. I am sinking in deep water. Someday we will have to move out of this house and someday this stuff will follow us again. IS anyone good at getting rid of things???? I am if it is not my house. When it comes to my home it is really hard. I think I am a pack rat or just a really bad organizer. I NEED HELP!!!! I thought about asking friends. I would jump on the opportunity if someone asked me. I like looking through others stuff and help them toss it. It is easier for me to say get rid of it than for me to just throw it out on my own when it is my stuff. Today is a day when I would like to send everyone away for a week and focus on the home. So My goal is to clean my home. If anyone is up to helping me, I can really use the motivation and support. Watching my kids, standing over my back and saying "get rid of that crystal, really come on, why do you have that"? Most of it I guess is the money factor, I don't want to re-buy anything and i don't want o clean because there is no where to put anything. It's not my house so I can't just build storage unless I take it down when I move. Plus that means spending more money. I really liked what they did on Oprah the other day and how they organized small spaces on a budget or no budget. It's hard when you are in a house you hate and have no room for anything. ANyway. This is my lame attempt of a of a post. I will update you with pictures etc.

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter