Thursday, May 21, 2009

THE BOX

This has been a familiar looking thing in our house lately.
I am not sure how many we have but if I see any more I might actually turn into one. I never knew one could have so many material things. I also never thought I would have such an attachment to these material things. Thanks to 2 GREAT friends, I was able to say GOODBYE to a lot of it this week. I am still not done. I am taking "BABY STEPS". I also did not realize how much kids can own if you let them. I had someone say at an activity, "YOU are in charge of what goes into and out of YOUR house". What a relief, a lift, burdens gone. Letting go of just STUFF can be very empowering. I had to share this because we have moved 9 times in our marriage, sometimes more than 3 in one yr. This is the first time I have felt motivated to throw out STUFF and I feel GREAT that it is gone. Those that have a hard time letting GO, need to try this. You will feel light again. Not so pushed into the ground by all your stuff. I loved yesterday. I loved that my 2 friends were here to help me and help me LET GO. It could be any attachment. "OH, but I spent X amount of money on this". "WAIT, that was a hand-me-down from 2 cousins removed". "I GOT THAT FREE". "MY mom gave it to me". These are all things where if you do not want it in your house, PLEASE PLEASE, from the words of a GREAT friend, "JUST SAY NO". I feel light again and this is just phase 1. We still have lots of packing and lots of letting go. This may be easier for me than for My hubby. I can let go of kids stuff, they will always have more birthdays and more cool things. I can let go of my stuff. I am a mom, I don't need material things, I have my kids. They are all I need along with David. This concludes my letting go phase # 1.

Your Goals 4 today:
Get rid of 3 bags of trash in your house.
Get rid of 4 bags of STUFF from your house.
Organize one room
ANything that fits into a toilet roll throw out.
Practice saying "NO" so that when somone wants to give you something you REALLY REALLY don't need, say NO! (or YOU REALLY REALLY DON'T HAVE ROOM 4)

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter