Yesterday was not a happy day for one little boy.
the last 3 days he has been a grump and whining.
I took him to the Dr's to be sure nothing was wrong.
the ear infection returned.
back on meds.
then I asked if he was at least healthy enough to get a few shots we were behind on....mistake.
he got MMR, Hep A and Polio.
then I showed the Dr this rash he has had for awhile now on his belly. Turns out he has mamas skin with eczema.
Then I showed his lip that he jammed his teeth into the other day. They look like little cold sores. He is healing fine she says.
So after I totally wore him out at the Dr's we decided to go get lunch and head to a friends.
The minute I pulled out he fell asleep. I don't think I was even out of the parking lot.
He was exhausted. I did not feel like going straight home so we drove around a bit.
We came home and he was OK but a Little whinny. I still had not given him anything to relieve him of pain or given him any meds.
Before he went to bed I gave him meds but forgot the Ib profrin. MISTAKE!
11:30 PM he woke up scramming so bad. I don't think he was even awake. I pulled him out and held him and bounced him and tried to comfort him the way he likes.
I rubbed his shots spots.
Thinking maybe they were sore and needed a good rub. Bad idea.
I think he was teething too.
His mouth was red and there was a lot of Sylvia.
I gave him his bink and made juice with IB profrin in it. he took 1 hour to drink that down. As he was not going to take it from the syringe.
We sat together on the couch in the playroom and cuddled.
We watched barney and some other sprout shows.
After Barney was over I filled his cup with milk and told him it was bed time. We walked up together and he went right back down with no crying or complaining. What a night. I felt so bad for him.
He just wanted me to cuddle him and lay with him. I felt so needed but so sad that he was sad. I guess that will teach me to try and combine the shots with an ear infection and possible teething.
He has been teething, but this week his gums looked even more red. We spent most of the day in the car driving around so that he could sleep and so I could keep him upright, with his mind on other things.
A visit out to fall city to see a friend and lunch with mom (me) did the trick.
The minute we got home, the whining started and the grumpy boy was back.
I was surprised that he went right down when my mom put the kids to bed last night.
So grateful she stopped by with AL. She worked in my kitchen and got it up to speed.
The dish's were so bad. Then she cleaned a few place in my house that I have neglected right now due to bending over. (and pure laziness/energy)
It was great.
Al helped David put the washer and dryer in.
They stopped by just to say Hi, and they got roped into a lot.
We were/ARE so thankful they did though.
My laundry room is almost in working condition.
We tried it out last night but it leaked.
We think it is a seal problem. David will look at it again today.
But I love them already. They are quiet and they chime at you when they are done.
SO cute! We got 2 loads done.
Now for the other 6-8 that we are behind on. :(
SO it is 8 something. I feel really good even without a lot of sleep and the house looks good. The playroom is still a wreck but I will take that over the rest of the house being a mess. We are off to see shrek today and spend a family trip together minus dean. Hopefully we will have a babysitter. We wanted one last time with Sarina and Eli before the baby comes. To spend some time with them and have fun. One more week and it will go by fast. I am so ready to have this boy! I think he is ready to have me too. :O)


No comments:
Post a Comment