Monday, August 9, 2010

ear infections

let me count them...
one, two, three.

Elijah was the ONLY one who did not have an ear infection but had such a horrible cough he had to be put on Antibiotics anyway 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago Sarina, Eli and Dean were all put on antibiotics. Sarina and Dean had ear infections. Today at Carver's Check up he was put on antibiotics AGAIN (He was put on them 5 days ago) . Last week he was on it for a cold that would not go away. The cold is still there in his chest but now he has an ear infection. Dang it! So they changed the meds for some stronger stuff and we are hoping he kicks the ear infection.

4 kids X 2 doses a day X 10 days, well you do the math. I just know 4 kids on antibiotics for 10 days is a lot of remembering on my end. (forgetting too). We will all be SOO SO happy to have no cranky kids (whinny kids) and no ear infections.

We got out today, the kids and I. We haven't gone anywhere really for awhile. ( the 4 of us all at once) I took them to McDonald's where we met a friend from Eli's school there. It was so cute to see him hug her and be all excited again to see a friend from school. I think her name was Josie. I wasn't paying to much attention to him because Dean was throwing his basic 2 yr old I don't wanna do anything you say mom tantrum in front of 8 different parents while Sarina was screaming at me that she was...drum roll please...."Mom, I am still hungry". Something she has been saying to me for about 2 weeks now after she eats. Usually an hour after she eats. beginning to wonder if she has a tape worm or something.
I let them play a good half hour and the we had lunch. I let Sarina and Eli play I listened and wrestled with Dean while he had more fits. He was obviously tired. But I bribed the kids to come eat by telling them they could play after too. So I had to let the older ones play again. After about 10 minutes of wrestling with Dean, I told the kids I was done and Dean needed a nap. They were more than helpful and listened the first time. WOW, the first time. What did I do to deserve that! I also had the door held open by Elijah. What great kids today! So that was our day.
Hopefully the meds will do their job and kill this ear infection that Carver has. All the other kids are done with meds. I feel happy that they are feeling a lot better. It was great to get out and feel like i could manage all 4. I had a lady at McDonald's offer Fry's to Dean because he was throwing his fits. I thought it was very nice of her for offering. Even though we had just eaten. His fit throwing has been happening a lot lately. I told her I still had some and that I really appreciated the offer. She said she felt my _______whatever word she said. I just know it wasn't pain. I was listening to the kindness in her words and not the words alone. SO I don't actually remember what she said. But she did say she had a lot of kids too. I love it when mothers help mothers. What a great thing to do. If we hadn't eaten and I didn't have like almost a whole bag of Fry's in my bag, I think I would have taken the Fry's for Dean.
I loaded the kids and we headed home. I put Dean and Sarina down for a nap. (Sarina is 4 but she still needs naps) Then I got on here so I could blog to all you about my lovely McDonald's trip. Days like this I am glad that I am not on Zoloft. I thought about going on it after having Carver. But getting out is all I need. Being around others is all I need. Blogging this is all I need, Spending quality time with the kids and family is all I need. remembering to speak in kind words is all I need to remember. If I can do this I am good! Life is good! It's all the other Days when I forget I wish I had something. :O)

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter