Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FHE

Family home Evening was on Prayer this week. Elijah has been having some problems staying quiet and Sarina never says Dear Heavenly Father. So tonight we talked about being reverent during a prayer. The last few times someone has said a prayer Eli has been goofing off. So he had to wait an extra 5 minutes before he could eat. This was after of course telling us why he was so rude and what he needed to change. After 4 attempts of trying to be quiet, he finally got it right and ate on time Monday night. Sarina also said "dear heavenly father" on her own with out being reminded. Such little things, but things that Will help them. I love to hear their prayers. We also have a new Prayer system. We sit for the most part in the same seat every night. So we just go in order. This way we know who is saying it next and it is just expected that it is that persons turn. It has gone very smooth so far. When my dad has dinner with us he says the prayer too. Very cool to have him say it with us! I love my family and I love learning along with the kids. Me teaching them has helped me be a better parent. I am ALWAYS thinking of new ways to help them. It became apparent the other night when Eli threw a fit, that I was to fix it. David looked at me and said "go do your magic or something". I took it as a compliment as he helped with the other children. I for some reason have a way with Eli. A certain way to talk to him when he needs help. We worked through it and he managed to finally eat. We also watched a movie on Prayer
I learned from this movie a few things myself. One of which I was not ready to feel or hear. I have had weight issues because of my Thyroid and I have had a hard time loosing weight. I Need to remember to ASK for help. To ask Heavenly father for help never crossed my mind until now. Just recently my thyroid has gotten out of control and my symptoms have worsen. I gained 10lbs in 2 weeks, my hair comes out in clumps, and I am sooo sooo tired. The fatigue has been the worse. I usually deal with this on my own. I never thought once to ask for help through these trials. So interesting when we teach our kids things and learn stuff along the way. So my goal which is half fulfilled. Call Dr. and make appointment, CHECK. Take meds regularly and eat good foods. PRAY PRAY PRAY and ask for help. I don't have to do this alone. We made brownies and talked about prayer while we ate them. Sarina said NIGHT prayer and we all went to bed. We also had this picture to color but My printer would not print. So we drew a picture of the kids praying. Eli did a nice picture. I will post it later.

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter