Saturday, August 7, 2010

what a frustrating thing to write about.

2 hours have passed
2 hours I managed to get my grocery shopping in, time with my dad, checked my emails and ate dessert.
2 hours away and out of the house.
2 hours baby free
2 hours of me time
2 hours with someone in charge other than me
2 hours to think clear with out interruptions or feeling sensory overload.
2 hours thinking I did it. ( that is get the kids to bed before 8)
2 hours from when I put the kids to bed!

Tonight I thought OK, I was gone last night scrap booking. The kids were in David's care. I can't complain. They were up until 12am by the time I got home and got them to bed, since he took no steps in doing so. Which was fine... to me. He had two friends over and all four kids plus a friend's kid to worry about. I wasn't about to go there. I just said their bed time is at 8 not 12 and left it at that.
So tonight I felt somewhat satisfied when I had bathed all 3 older kids, pj's on, kisses, hugs etc. and in bed by 7:50 pm.
Sarina and Eli have been missing each other. So the last few nights I have decided it would be cool to let them camp in each others room. By 12am this morning they fell Right to sleep in Sarina's room. No talking etc, they were worn out. Today, almost 2 hours from when they went down. They are still in Elijah's room with flashlights going and lots of giggles. I hate to break up the fun. SO I have handed it off to David tonight. Hopefully they will go to sleep soon. I feel like my accomplishments tonight were good. I even made a good dinner. Salmon, salad (yummy), watermelon, toasted garlic bread, potatoes, juice etc. Then showers followed. I felt great to get them all down, including Carver at 8pm.

We all know that when school starts, my kids thrive on schedules. Part of the reason this summer has been so hard. No schedules. every day is different with new adventures and more things to get into and mess up. More play dates, more eating out, more wanting to go places, garage sales, house chores etc. More things that they don't do on a regular basis when they go to school. More big brother and sister responsibilities. Coming home tonight after shopping to see that my efforts went down the tube was really frustrating.

10:02 and I think I still hear Dean talking. I don't feel like dealing with it. Why are kids good some days and so off the wall the next. I feel like a human yo yo most of the time. Today I will have an up day, tomorrow I will have a down day. That's how life is usually anyway with the kids but at least they are on schedules during the school year and things are more predictable.

10:08 and I am hearing no noise coming from the boys room. may be a good sign.
oh and for 2 hours tonight I wore my hair like this (while wearing David's thermal shirt at the grocery store) I whacked my hair and this was some fun way to wear it since I didn't feel like taking a shower before I left. (hair supplies, dang it...that's what I forgot...moose, hair relaxers, and sprays) Y do we always forget stuff when we go to the store!



No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter