Sunday, September 19, 2010

Becoming a pro...


When I met David he hated and well still hates the drewl and all bodily fluids that come out of kids/ especially babies. I will have to say that I am surprised by his over all change with raising our kids. He has been so Great to our kids. He seems to love the babies more and more each time. It was kind of weird when we first had Elijah because he was so challenging. He cried non stop, no matter what we did. He was not a happy kid. I got use to that child until at age 2 we realized he needed tubes to help with ear infections. Then all of a sudden he wasn't so bad and David and I could finally bond with him. We had a counselor that came to our house to work with him and we learned how to work with him. He had already made habits from crying for two years straight almost. So we had a lot of UN-doing (is that a word...I don't know, don't care) to do. He still is challenging but we have a bond now. With each child after Eli, we have been able to bond more and more. I have a rule that the kids breast feed until 6 months, when teeth and sleeping become a challenge for us. But for 6 months the baby can be with us in our bed or the swing. Usually because all kids had reflux and needed me to hold them up with my arm or be in the swing. This has been a blessing and a curse. Blessing because we bond and we wake up to the happiest kids. A curse because we wake up with throw up everywhere and pee stained sheets. Which I am sure is common in some families. Especially if you are like me and don't change the kids at night. I double diaper and they usually sleep all night. If I were to get up and change our kids they would wake and be up all night. I learned this by the time we had Sarina. Best to let them sleep. Take extra precautions for diapering etc. Plus I can not function if I am up more than 3 times a night. When they are in bed with us I think right now I wake about 1 time to feed maybe 2 and I really don't wake. I have gotten to the point where I feed in my sleep. It is almost second nature to me. If I haven't fed the baby, the baby will cry loud and that is when I do wake. But happy healthy kids that wake up smiling at me is nice. Unlike Eli. He stayed in our bed not even 3 months and needed his own bed. He woke up constantly etc. More of what seems a nightmare to me, that I don't want to talk about anymore. All I know was that for 2 yrs we were not happy (either was he). Carver is here now and I feel like David has a hold of things. He watches all 4, YES I said all 4 so I can work out at the gym 2 days a week. He also has gotten use to diaper changing, feeding with a bottle and many other infant things. Things he would and could not do with Eli. Eli just wanted me. After Eli, David I am sure felt like his own kid did not love him so he would not help or even try. Once we had Dean, things seemed to calm down a bit. Dean sweet Dean. He made us laugh from day one. The comic relief in the family. I thought I would be done after having him. Just because he was so easy. But I knew there was/is more. My body is so worn out right now. I am trying to get it into shape before number 5. I am pretty sure if it is a girl we are done. I won't be able to do any more c-sections. I had to post this picture of Daddy with Cute Carver! It just melts my heart to see them together. Well... any of the kids now with David. As parents we have come so far. We have learned so much from our Children and it has been the most challenging thing in our lives. We had David's family over tonight and I snapped this as quick as I could. They are so Cute. It is funny to see the baby in this outfit. I had this outfit with all three boys. We haven't had to buy a lot of clothes for the boys. Thank goodness.


No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter