Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Family night

Usually we have a lesson, dessert, and listen to music or talk about songs etc.
Monday night went a little like this:

Sarina: I don't want "THAT" on my buns...."THAT" being the turkey burger. Which was suppose to be there! Along with the yummy cuccumbers and onions.
Mom: Let's finish and Eat
Dad: Family night!!!
Elijah:What are we doing for Family night?
Mom: Be right back, taking Mom and Al some burgers. Be Right back!
Sarina: I wanna go, bring me back a sucker!
Elijah: what about family night?
Mom: I'll be right back!
David: what the heck?
Sarina: what are we going to do?
Mom: Pick out a game.
Elijah: COOL, we get to play x-box again!!! Star wars, star wars!
Mom: NO! a Board game
Elijah:AW, ok how about one of my birthday games or science experiments?
Mom: I don't know, ask Dad.
Door shuts quickly to escape for a few minutes to run down dinner to my mom. Some yummy thai turkey burgers!
When I get back:
Mom: well, what game?
Elijah: I spy
Sarnia: yeah yeah yeah! I spy!
David: I am in charge of Carver tonight so you can play with them.
Me:okay!
Mom: who goes first...oh yeah we all do.
we all picked a card, then we had to ding the bell if we found a match....went something like this:
Elijah: Can we look at both sides?
Sarina: I can't find one, I need help.
Dean: MINE! Mine! Mine! Mine! (yelling at the top of his lung)
Mom/dad: Quiet Dean!
Sarina: I can't reach the dinger..... MOM!
Mom: Elijah, let her have the dinger!
Elijah: NO! I already dinged it for her.
Mom: Not the point!
Mom Let her ding her match so she can keep the card!
Elijah: NO!
Mom: DO I need to Ding you to bed!
Elijah: Fine! here. (folding arms with anger)
Sarina: Yay yay yay!!! I dinged it! (excited, jumping up and down)
Mom: everyone gets another card.....Ready go (we all have to find a match, whoever gets one dings the bell)
Elijah: (dinging the bell) DING DING DING.
next round
Elijah: DING DING DING.
Mom: I haven't even started looking and You already dinged it! ( SMILE AT ELI)
Mom: ok, sarina you get a card, mom, dean and Elijah you get one last. (trying to give a chance for everyone to win by taking away some of eli's time to look) Is that cheating?
Elijah: DING DING DING!!!
MOM: Come on!
(Was not trying to cheat but just make it so he got the card last before i said the words go find a match!)
Elijah: DING DING DING.
A FEW ROUNDS PASS>>>>>>>>
next round
Sarina: (Yells out) DING DING DING...well he won't let me hit the ding-er mom!
Mom: walk over and hit it!
Sarina: (on the bell) DING DING DING
Elijah: NO, I want to ding it!
Mom: Oh man, STOP dinging the bell...
Sarina: I want to use both sides!
Mom: Don't look on both sides.
Mom: yes only use one card at a time. Then we keep it if you find a match!
Sarina: Dean! Dean has MY card! MINE!
Mom: Dean, switch cards!
Mom: Let others ding the bell when they find their match. Don't be rude.
Dad: Dean, come here and look for the motor bike! (which he did find) Good job Dean!
Mom: OK, these are the last cards. Ready go! Be fair! If Sarina dings it first she gets to keep her card.
Can you guess who got it?
Elijah: DING DING DING!
Mom/10 Elijah/12 Sarina 7 and Dean/1 Carver/0

Dad/100% for helping with the baby.

I could not believe Elijah and how fast he could find the matches. I am pretty competitive when it comes to games and he still beat me by 2. I was trying to be fair most of the time. But I had to make sure Sarina got a few matches. SO I gave her a card first then me and then Eli. He got it almost every time!
Mom: OK, Prayer time!
Elijah: NOooooo
Sarina: Dean fold your arms....
Dad: come kneel.
Mom: hurry up, bed time...
Elijah: I want to say it, because I have to pee!
Elijah: gets on the couch.
Mom/Dad: Kneel everyone! Fold Arms!
Elijah: I don't wanna say it now!
Elijah: I don't know HOW! (whinny voice)
Elijah: Someone else say it!
Mom: you said you were... so say it!
Elijah: I forgot how!
Mom: Dear Heavenly Father....
Dad : Kneel...
Elijah: (Thinking that volunteering is bad now)
Elijah: I don't know how...
Mom: I thought you Had to pee?
Elijah: (saying the prayer) Dear heavenly father....PRAYER......Amen.
Dad: Kneel next time!
Mom: acknowledge the good dad!
Mom: Good Job, thanks for saying the prayer! Maybe Kneel on your knees next time?
Dad: uh...yeah great job eb! Kneel next time.
Mom: everyone upstairs, teeth brushed, pj's and tucked in....
Elijah: (without fail) I can't....
Mom: Why?
Elijah: Sarina got my toothbrush stuck down the drain again. :O(
Mom: YUCK!
Mom: Daddy can fix it.
Dad: and that is how you get a tooth brush out of the sink! As he shows us his cool grabber tool.
Mom: wash the tooth brush w /soap and HOT HOT AND I MEAN HOT WATER (as I yell up the stairs)
Mom: YUCK! I don't have any other tooth brushes. (what would you do)?
Kids in bed and then this cycle:
Mom: hugs and kisses....
Eli: tuck me in first!
Dean: Me want Lijah tiss's and mugs!
Dean:rina too!
Mom: okay get in bed!
Sarina: Me next
Mom: went to room forgot about Sarina for a bit.
Mom: Sarina put the book away. Bed time! Kiss and hugs!
Mom: Back in bedroom feeding Baby
Sarina: patter patter patter across the hall
Elijah: Shhhh.
Dean: I want mout!
Sarina: talking about her unicorn needing clothes
Elijah: Shhhh!
Mom: Sarina go back to bed.
Sarina: Okay! (like she is 13 and talking back at me)
Mom: Sigh :
Elijah: Dean be quiet!
Dean: Yelling at the top of his lungs!
Mom: don't talk to Dean, turn over and ignore him. Then he will sleep!
Elijah: ok!
Sarina: Night!
Mom: goodnight
Dad: comes in after kids are all in bed and process starts all over again with him and then me again.
Sometimes routines are good and sometimes I think NOT! Especially if it gets disrupted and we have to start the routine all over again. Which happens A LOT in this house. It can mean the difference between everyone being happy or everyone crying. I can't let them cry to sleep or feel like I don't love them. So naturally I start all over again!
What a night!
What we really learned was to share the game/Ding er
Working together is hard in this family but possible.
Prayers when said regularly make us happy, even if it take some arm twisting.
Routines are needed to keep kids focused without tantrums
Mom gets very exhausted at night.
Dad was very helpful with baby duty and getting toothbrushes out of drains
Elijah needs to work on not whining.
Sarina is Sarina.
Dean has to have hugs and kisses from everyone and if you leave and come back in the room for any reason. You have to do it all over again!
Mom Likes everyone in Bed by 7:45 because it means they finally fall asleep by 9.
Mom hates to enforce bed time.

Ever have days or nights like this?

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter