Have you ever smelled something and have it take you back to that place where you first experienced that smell? I was wondering why our Kitchen smelled like gardenia's all week.
I felt like I was back in Hawaii. In David's arms under the beautiful sunset on our honeymoon by the beach. Or anywhere in Hawaii for that matter. I found out that one of our gardenia's bloomed. The scent was so strong. ( I mean so strong, because I had dish's sitting there that were much worse). But i could smell it. David pointed it out to me that it had bloomed. Now I know why my kitchen smells so good!
Or Like the smell of original pine sol, which reminds me of home. My mom always cleans with it. I clean with it too. I switched to the lemon and lavender smell though. Not as strong. But every time I spray it I can picture my mom cleaning with a mop or rag.
This morning's diaper changing marathon came out smelling like the Port a potty from girl's camp and ward camp outs. (thanks Dean) Followed by Carver's lovely rendition of our old cat's poop pen. (scooby and Kiko) that really just meant David got to change Carver...since I could never really deal with the poop pen smell.
The smell of dirt and rain falling on me; reminded me of David and I going to a family reunion in Bryce canyon. (Carver was almost named Bryce). I was working in the yard a few days ago while it was sprinkling out. It reminded me of the four wheelers we rented to go on trails with. The dirt hitting you everywhere while feeling hot and sweaty. Apparently weeding my yard brought back those smells.
This certain smell of gum reminds me of a guy I dated in high school.
Or the Cologne that this maintenance repair man wore to fix my stove the other day. Reminded me of a Friend I use to write to. Even though he lived in Seattle and I could see him whenever I wanted.
When David wants me to make beans for tacos/burritos I want to vomit. It reminds me of something that I can't even think of. Usually reminds me of being pregnant too and being nauseous. So I never cook the beans. I do everything else and he cooks them.
Or the smell of a pool with Chlorine in it. reminds me of many swim meets at the Redmond pool and the swim team I was on. The nice Chlorine smell that surrounded us on the bus on our way back from meets. This came back to me as I just started water aerobics class.
I am sure there are many more other smells I have left out but I could not pass this opportunity up to blog about my recent encounter with old smells.


No comments:
Post a Comment