So Eli has a new therapy class starting today actually. We have him signed up with an OT to help him work on his core (his body tires easily). He gets tired easily and frustrated with school work. We also know he needs help with ADHD symptoms, along with sensory, social and behavioral problems, that seem to be a problem at school. David and I think that Eli is Just stinking smart. But that's just our opinion. :O)
They do a lot of exercises with him and hopefully it will show some results soon. I did notice they had weighted vests there and belts. I may need to invest in some soon for at home. My little energizer bunny just keeps going and going and going.
The batteries in him never wear out. We are excited in this new chapter in Eli's life. We are hoping for results so he can succeed in school and life.
As a parent with ADHD I totally can relate to Elijah's situation and how his learning is becomings a problem at school. I know with the proper help he can get on track. It is just a matter of finding that balance in his life. David and I are also looking into parenting classes and support groups through the kindering center and other places. They have a fathers and mothers only class. I don't know if David is up to a fathers class just yet but we are taking baby steps to getting help. I do get a really cool newsletter called ADDitude. It has super helpful info and a lot of stories of other families I can relate to. So that's it for today. Just totally excited to have a new chapter open.


No comments:
Post a Comment