So We have a lot of toys. so many toys that it literally drives me crazy when I YELL at the kids to clean up more than needed on a daily basis. ( we have a lot of ADHD disorganization too in this house, I think it is like male testosterone when there are to many guys around, but worse) SO...that said we fixed that problem today. I ran a few errands this morning while David was at home. One was to Home Depot to buy a few RAT traps. I think we have 2 in our garage. EW! While I was there I remembered the Oprah show and what they had on there about clutter. So cool....ready for it??? OK, so I bought 2 huge containers. ($20 each) The length of them is about as long as Eli. 3 feet maybe. SO big ALL the toys but the train table and the "Mocco Bike" fit in there. The Kids went from being totally crazy today to playing with me in a clean room with a sheet. We pretended it was a parachute and we put Carver in the middle so we could make him laugh. They were still a little hyper but at least it was from having fun. We still have a lot of DE-cluttering to do. I have kind of put myself in hibernation and cut myself off from the world except from family. It has taken so much energy to clean and organize. After cleaning the toys up, which was totally fun. I put them in their clothes closet. Each Monday night (FHE) the kids are aloud to pick 5 toys each. 1.eliminate clutter. (did it) 2. Limit the amount to have in the house. (k) 3. Keep up on it so the clutter doesn't return. 4. Keep all flat surfaces clean. (I already knew this one, it is a HUGE thing when they are dirty! Hate it) So I think we are doing great so far. We explained to them that these are the 5 special toys they get for the week. Of course this doesn't include the books or other organized toys that we have already organized...up high. They will have to ask for those and turn in their toys before any others are brought out. 15 toys is not that much compared to the zillions of toys they have out every day. Kids love toys and maybe one day I will be in throw away mode again. But I know how much they love them. So I have a hard time getting rid of them. I just need to teach them how to manage it so they can learn how to stay clean and organized! I am excited about my 2 new "BROWN" tubs. They are pretty ugly and they look like poo but they are functional and Awesome~ it made the play room almost 99% nicer. We will see about the movie room. It seems they love to bring everything into that room and not play in the play room.


No comments:
Post a Comment