Friday, March 18, 2011

Eli turns 7

We had a little boy jump up 1 yr. Eli is now 7 years old. He has lost two teeth this month as well. Every other year we let the kids have a party. On the odd year we do something as a family. This year Eli wanted to go swimming. He chose Great Wolf Lodge. We told him he might have to just chose swimming at a pool. Because that is a little more than I wanted to spend. David and I have been working with Eli on school work a lot lately. He started a jar and we add marbles to it. He earned all his marbles and he chose swimming for his prize. But I bumped it up to GWL for his birthday. Technically it was already planned and we were going to go for my birthday as a family present to me. But I decided to plan it so it was around all three birthdays. Eli, Sarina and my birthday are all within 3 months of each other. So we left last week for one over night fun at GWL, and we loved it. Eli guessed where he was going right before we got off the freeway and was SOOOO EXCITED! This year I did something different too with presents for him. I decided I would take him to rite aid or Walgreen's and let him pick out what he wanted for his presents. He was so excited. I gave him 25.00 to spend and he picked out a few things. My dad gave him some money too and we went to target to spent another 25. He loves to shop, so this was a great present too. We had a fun target/rite aid night together. I love my time with him. I know it is his birthday but I always feel like such a proud mama to have him or any of my kids when they get older in age. I took Eli some green cupcakes to school to celebrate with his class. I also took popcorn and strawberries, which he loves! The kids really enjoyed the food. They were so polite and said thank you Mrs. Pugmire when they were done eating. On his actual birthday I took green cookies to his gymnastic class and we shared some with the kids. Nana and poppie came over Sat night and we also invited David's parents. I bought him a white strawberry cream cake with real strawberries in the middle. It was sooo good. we ate cake and ice scream after he opened presents. He got a few cool things I might say! David and I got him a desk. Old school kind with the flip up lid. Then the grandparents got stuff to fill it. He also got a swing from poppie from ikea. he uses the same swing in therapy for OT on Tuesdays. He loved all his presents and we had a great night. I can't believe We have a 7 yr old now. WOW. Now for Sarina's birthday? any ideas? I still spoiled Eli I know. But he enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter