Health Report:
I know this may be to personal to write about. But here is my health report.
I went to the doctor because I was getting 2 EVIL periods a month
and having a really roller coaster life emotionally. First we thought I was pregnant.
I was gaining weight and I missed period and then I would have 2 in a month and spot on top
of that. So I decided to see the doctor. I am not pregnant and the reason behind my periods coming 2 times a month was due to my thyroid. The last time I had Major concerns with my thyroid was when we were trying to conceive Elijah. It took 4 years until we were finally got pregnant with him. It was again due to my thyroid. Well, I have gained 25 pounds since carver was born and I have not changed my diet. Actually I went on shakes and I have now lost 5 lbs. I went to the Dr and had a full blood draw on everything. My thyroid, cholesterol, iron, vitamin D, blood cell count, liver count, kidney count, etc. My liver count was 2 points off from normal and I was told not to worry. I guess they don't worry unless it is in the thousands range. Now back to the thyroid. Well, The evil little gland had a TSH of 5.29. Any Dr will tell you it is over the amount it should be. A normal range is from 1-5. I usually keep mine at 1.29. So to hear this was not good news. My thyroid is freaking out. So I made an appointment. This explains the periods. When the hormones are not normal weird things start to happen. They suggested birth control. I promptly said no of course. I have never trusted birth control pills/ hormones etc. I have a hard time taking my thyroid pills even. I agreed to go on it, only if It keeps going in the same direction. So now I am keeping a journal and hoping I am going to be regular soon. This has made for one emotional mommy and many many nights were I have cried for No reason. Days too. I haven't wanted to attend church because I have been fat. The nasty Bloated feeling. Where everything you put on makes you feel even more ugly. I have gone to church for the first time in 2 months the last 2 weeks. It has been real hard to get back into that habit. Our kids were sick. one or two every week for the last 2 months. So I have been home taking care of them. Then if mom gets sick, it equals more church missed. It has been nice to go. However, Sitting/walking/pacing/chasing/ dancing/etc through the halls for 2 hours with a 1 year old is not my idea of church on Sunday. I love to be at church when everything is perfect. I won't go sometimes if people are late. I have to be on time to sacrament. (or else) It is so funny that I get mad about this. But it is the only part of church I go to and the most important in my eyes. David goes out of town a lot for business in the spring months and this last time he left was the hardest. Usually the kids act up more but this last time he left they were just horrible. They kicked and screamed at each other. Eli decided to hit me and run off a few times. Dean was kicking and screaming at everyone including me. I had never been so scared of my children. I had to separate them many times. Some ended up having cool downs in their rooms. When they decided to come out and be nice, they were fine. If they decided to come out and apologize and start up again. It was difficult. So I decided to have a blessing while he was out of town. I think it helped because they stopped fighting so much. The house was bit more calm. So 2 periods, a husband gone on business and kids that really just wanted to pick on each other. It has been rough the last few months. I finally feel like Church is manageable now. I made a schedule to follow for the summer. Which includes walking. My total cholesterol was at 134 AWESOME for me. But the good(?)cholesterol is saying I need to move more. that's it. THYROID, Oh how I hate you! My goal after getting the right meds is to lose weight. At least 40 lbs. I know I need to lose more but this is a goal that is realistic. So summer is here and the schedule is already filling up.


No comments:
Post a Comment