Monday, August 29, 2011

school is starting

School is starting soon. I am VERY excited. As much as I love my kids, there is a time for them to go back. That time is now! I have exhausted all my energy and I am ready to have a more scheduled year. We are no longer doing swim lessons. The kids were getting sick a lot from the expose to water germs or whatever you want to call it. I also got tired of being in the hot swimming pool waiting area watching. Plus it cost WAY to much. The kids still do gymnastics. As I think it helps their little minds and bodies. For Deans Birthday we will be adding him to the gymnastic mommy bus. He is VERY excited for this. He has asked for it all year. When they are three they can be without mommy. Before they are three I have to be on the floor with him. So that is one of the changes. Dean is getting re-evaluated to see if he will qualify for preschool. Which I am crossing my fingers. He has three years still at home before he can attend kindergarten. We are hoping he has something he can work on so he can qualify. I know that might sound bad. But he is doing really well at this temporary preschool we have him at right now. So I guess that is it for now. I am just excited to have 2 kids in school, a better schedule to follow, more time without kids bugging to clean house, and not having to drop off or pick up kids at school. This is a HUGE blessing! I don't think anyone knows this more than me and those that have kids with special needs, kids on IEPs etc. Eli Started Neuropsychology today with Mike. (and Rufus the dog) They worked together for 2 hours. He said he had fun and he got to eat oreo's with my permission. I think this will be good and I will be happy when we get the conclusion on where they think he is emotionally and mentally. I felt so relieved that only after 2 hours of mike working with my son, he knew him. That in itself is a blessing. I think others try to know him, maybe even including my own husband and family. But I don't think they really do. Just by talking to Mike I felt like he knew personal intimate things that only Eli and I know about but don't discuss with others. He knew everything without even asking Eli. I was amazed. We have an IEP MTG tomorrow to determine where Eli will be starting school. I know without a doubt he will not be going to one of the schools. So they better have different options for him. I have talked to professionals, advocates of children with adhd, sensory etc, I have talked to the OT and I have talked to other parents. The other school is NOT for him. OK, so where does that leave us. Well, hopefully not where we were last year round 2 again. I believe Eli wants to be at school and that the school is not recognizing his potential to succeed. Most of the problem stems down to Eli wanting and doing the work. When he chooses not to it becomes a huge headache that no one at the school will deal with. Anyway, Back to school was the subject and as much as I need to vent about this challenge right now, I am excited for both of them to return to learn and gain the education they deserve.

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter