Thursday, July 31, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
Last night was my dad's b-Day. We had him and his wife over for dinner. He brought some King salmon. We cooked it on the BBQ. I love to BBQ things. He made a apricot peserve type thing to go over the top. It was so good! I want the recipie. Funnny thing is I don't think he remembers it. He tweeks it a bit and doesn't always follow recipies. Which makes it even better. Since I did not do the salmon, I cooked white sticky rice by request, Corn on the cob, salad and pulled some peaches from the cubboard. It turned out to be a really nice meal. I went and bought non dairy soy ice cream for dad and vanilla for us for apple pie afterward. Since cake was not something he wanted. Fine with us. I think cake is overated anyway. The kids helped dad open presents. He got shoe laces, I guess hard to find ones from his wife. We got him a bike chain (by Request), and a lounging outfit for night or sundays etc. We had fun watching the kids help him. Sarina was really into it. Dad brought a movie too for us to watch but they ended up leaving and leaving it for us to watch without them. It was the spiderwick movie. The kids started to watch it with us. Eli fell asleep in the first five minutes. And, well Sarina stayed up until 11 PM watching it with us. I guess she really liked it. She is like David and can stay up to watch movies. I always fall asleep. The movie was to suspensfull to me to sleep last night though. I thought it was an ok movie. Deffinetly not for kids under 4. But sarina would not let me cover her eyes when the Goblins came or the troll and bed time was not an option We wanted to listen to right in the middle of the movie. So she stayed up. Weird kid. Did I say Pie was really good too. The kids ate their dinner all gone I was surprised. We usually eat at 5:30-6 PM. Tonight it got pushed until 7:30 PM and they sat and ate everything. The problem is they drive me crazy at 5:30 PM every night. Unless I feed them. But then they are up and down from the table while we are eating. I need another lock for the fridge I think. Sarina opens the Fridge and sits in it. She will also start pulling things out to eat. One day she surprised me when she wanted to eat and Onion. Happy Birthday Dad! I hope It was A Happy one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:
Post a Comment