Monday, February 2, 2009

February-Who do you know that has lived the longest?

I love February, not because my birthday is in this month or because of Valentines day. I love it becuase it mean spring is just around the corner. I also lov eit because I had a great grandfather who lived until he was almost 104. THat is who I know that lived that long. Who do you know? He was awesome. He made his own candy and would take it to all the ladies in his apt complex. He was 92 and still doing this. He also would visit others in the hospital, I am sure all the way up until he died. He would walk his little behind down the street in Boise Id to the hospital and visit those that needed it. The last time I saw him he was 92 and I well was much younger. I remember how humble and sincere he was. He was always looking out for people. He gave service to those in need always and I was his short stalky great grand daughter. At the time I was a swimmer so I had lots of muscle. I was a little fatter than my cousin too. Which I guess is where the stalky comes from. Regardless he loved me. In High school I did a full veteran report on him. He served in world war one and two. His wife, my great grandma is so sweet. I met her one time I think. I got her big feet and short body. Which today I hate. A size 9.5 should not fit someone that is 5'2" tall. I love february because everyones endrophins are up. I feel happy. I guess I do like valentines day but only because now i have kids and i love to teach them how to love even more than I already do. What do you do for valentines? How does your family celebrate suh a fun day? THis year I would like to learn how to make suckers like GGpa did. Anyone know how? He also would make peanut brittle. Which I heard is easy too. Happy February!

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter