Monday, June 22, 2009

Nursery this Sunday and Sarina

Well we went to Church this weekend and it was the first time in a LONG time Miss Sarina did not want to go. Recently we have switched teachers and she was doing fine with the change because they were new. Now that she has the schedule down, she is not enjoying it. It has made it difficult for us to say that simple thing "goodbye, see you after class". Some moms enjoy the new schedule. Before the kids would arrive they would be welcomed by their teachers and friends with welcome arms and would go right into playing with some toys. Now they still are somewhat welcomed but instead they come right in sit in a semi-circle and have to listen to the teacher for yet another 20min to 1/2 hour before the schedule changes. Not that they already had to SIT for 1 plus hours in sacrament. I am a little upset that this change has occurred. Because it brings up 2 new problems for us as parents. I love the structure don't get me wrong. I love the teachers, that is not the problem. The only reason(s) I complain are because of Sarina patiently waiting in Sacrament to go to class and play. We always tell her "Be patient, 10 more min, then you can go play with your friends. I realize some parents want it more structured so that their kids are learning more but Maybe they should be teaching them this stuff at home as well. Church should be fun for the kids in nursery. Play time has been pushed to the last thing of the day. Before it was play (get the wiggles out), Sing, snack, activity at the end when they are more relaxed and not so high strung. Now they come right in and sit, listen and sing, then do the activity, snack and then play. I think they get the raw end of the deal now. I sat in nursery and watched as the teacher exhausted all her good energy into these small children under the age of 3, who really just wanted to walk around, and play. Some kids did participate. They are kids, they need to be kids. Church is a time to learn but they are not adults and I could not even sit there the entire time they were having singing time. TH at should say something. I use to volunteer my time to do snack and I have watched the kids grow. The kids are not happy with the change. I see it. Others are more welcoming than I and are excited that they have more leaning involved. I am not saying that should go away. I am just saying that maybe it should not be the first thing the kids do when arriving from Sacrament. {the 1hour plus of already trying to SIT). I love the teachers for what they do, their patience, their kind hearts and the energy they have towards teaching and I would NOT,Want their calling in church right now. I am the least patient person when it comes to schedules. I watch kids all week so I know the stress of having to have a schedule. It is needed, I just think it should change just a little. Those kids are so bright and have learned a lot from their teachers. Sarina use to enjoy nursery and be all excited to play with her friends. Now as she arrives there are no toys, no fun, and friends she doesn't want to sit by because she simply is done sitting. Let them be kids, teach them, but let them be kids. That is why, after all it is Nursery and not Gospel Doctrine 1o1. My sarcasm is a little up there. I guess the teachers will wonder y Sarina is not in class the next few weeks when I take her to my class. I will have to simply say "well if she is just going to sit and learn with not playing, then she can sit with me and do that". At least then we will have time together. This message is not intended to hurt anyone and it is not to be rude. I just have a very strong opinion about the recently things i have seen in Nursery and they are not acceptable to me. I needed to vent. This is my venting place now. So I hope people are not offended by what I say. I would not be so upset, except I left her and she cried and instead of trying to hold her and calm her down (teachers should do this to make kids feel comfortable, when parents are not there). They put her on the floor to cry (scream). I heard her the enitre time. Maybe I should have just taken her out. I know there is that parents responsibility to get them to class and then leave. I stayed in the hall listening. When David came to get me for class He realized it was our child screaming. He went in to try to console her. She STOPPED crying. Then when she saw the teacher again she started in. Obviously this is not a place she wanted to be. This was after I explained to the teachers too that she just woke up from sleeping in sacrament and I was in there because she was having a hard time adjusting. I left to be nice. I left because I know I hate it when parents hang around to tend their class during class. Next time I will just keep her out when she is that extreme. Obviously they will not tend to her in a loving motherly way. I felt like she got the raw end of the deal even though she was the one that started it. Anyway, I have forgiven this Sundays mishaps. I feel for the teachers having to juggle the kids. Eli also has not enjoyed his class. He also has a new teacher. This weekend he had a sub and he told me the sub was super nice, unlike his other teachers. anyway, I am done venting. Thanks for listen, my trusty worthy computer (oh yeah, and the friends that do read, but never leave comments and are not on my followers list).

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter