1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
For family night we are teaching the kids the 13 Articles of Faith. Great Idea Hun! So, We are making it a memory game for them. We read it and then they have to say it back. Sarina and Eli did very well. Eli can do it after two reads. Sarina after three reads and she gets most of the words. We reviewed it this week since we started doing it last week.
Of course then we give them some explanation of what it means as well.
This week we showed three fingers to them to represent the 3. As they Say each one we put a finger down to let them know they are right! Worked perfectly!
For prayers/scripture reading we are bribing them with a sweet treat. Some small candy or cookie before bed and of course the high fives and hugs from both mom and dad.
Lately I have noticed that Dean is shushing his lips while sticking his fingers up his nose. This is like mom except when I tell him to hush I don't stick my fingers in my nose. I have noticed too that when we say prayers he whispers to himself. When I change his diaper I try to get him to fold his arms so he doesn't touch himself. I tell him "fold your arms". He does and then he mumbles to himself. It is soo funny.
I hope we are teaching them the things we need too. This is working for now. We use to make them just sit with us while we read. But I think when we make it into a game they pay attention longer and it is more fun!
We read the second article and they are excited for next week.
Elijah said the prayer and both kids told us some songs they are learning in primary. Eli like "follow the Prophet". Sarina just agrees. But she says she love Mrs. AMY (who doesn't). She loves her friends in her class and gets excited every week to see all of them. Which is far from where she was the first week of primary! Great Job AMY for teaching my kid and loving her.
We all had Ice cream for the treat and a cookie after prayer. The kids still do not understand that when mommy is not feeling good, I don't kneel to pray and they get mad that they have too. I don't usually kneel anyway but they still get mad that I don't sit up.
So every Monday I have decided that I will recap family night. This will help to keep track what we are teaching them and then I have one more thing to blog about too!
The kids felt great after family night as did we. A feeling of accomplishment. It is such a small goal to have FHE, but we did and we still try to do every week.


No comments:
Post a Comment