Monday, March 8, 2010

FHE

The inspired evening for FHE was given to the Berenstain Bear books. We went to the McDonald house to buy some Dr Seuss books for Elijah. He is learning to read. So We needed some more easy read books. We ended up buying like 25 books and I was blessed to read half of them to the kids when I got home. It was nice and relaxing. Elijah actually listened to the entire "If I ran the Zoo" By Dr. Seuss. I was amazed. It is a long book. At least for his age. With a paragraph or two on each page. My tongue was tied by the time I was done reading it. My favorite one so far is "the eye book" by Dr Seuss. We are still on the hunt for more books by Dr. Seuss. We read more books after dinner, which included the Berenstain bear collection. Which David and i both loved reading. The one we read was on telling the Truth. We read it and then I asked them why it was important to tell the truth. They answered. Then I asked what the bears could have done different. They said "not kick the ball in the house, Because then they would not have to lie". So then it led to house rules! I then got this great Idea. The Kids could come up with their own house rules. We made about 15 and then they said they needed some "can do's". So then we made up a list of things they Can Do! It was such a cheesy lesson. I saw our manual on the table for Sunday school class and I started flipping through it. I came across the lesson on "Obedience, the first law of Heaven". I tied it into our family lesson on telling the truth and following the house rules and what our parents ask us to do. I reminded them about the commandments and how we obey them because we want to return to heavenly father. If we follow them we can be happy and receive blessings. I related it to our homes. How we can follow our parents....which lead us to honor thy mother and father. Then we discussed how we can make our parents happy and we will feel happy with ourselves for listening and doing what we know is right. Which led to choose the right. Which led to the rules. which led to the kids being very excited that they made the rules with our direction and help of course. We will see how long they will follow the house rules and can do's. I was very impressed with the quality of rules and surprised at how much they wanted to be good kids. I feel that way sometimes with the commandments and daily choices I make every day. I want to be good, but sometimes I slip. It is nice to have those commandments, and guidelines to follow so we can remember to choose the right. I am thankful for the way the lesson panned out. It was unique at its best. If you know me, I do not plan very well, I procrastinate, and I go with the flow most days. So When it comes to FHE, it is really what is in front of me and what I can do to relate it to Heavenly father's over all plan. Don't think, Just do. There is a funny quote I love from Knight at the Smithsonian. "we are Americana's, we don't think, we just do". I think it is a lame quote to use for us Americans. But for people that like to go with the flow. I laugh. Cause I always just do and I never think. Sometimes it gets the best of me. I am glad they had a good lesson though. Sarina even OFFERED to say the prayer, but I said no. It was my turn to step up to the plate and bat. So I said the prayer. Sometimes I wonder if my kids think It is such a big deal to have fhe. I know they do sometimes. I remember Eli asking me one time if it was family night on a sat night because we were playing a board game on a non FHE night. I like to sometimes just so they know that we can play games any night, not just on FHE night. SO that was FHE. Success in my book. We had smoothies, homemade ones of course. I made the most delicious ones this time. I like them better than Jamba juice now.
I left after and had David put the kids to bed. I went to Walgreen's to get our invites for our 10yr anniversary Luau in May. I hope it is nice out. They turned out great! But some of the text got saved wrong so it was a little smaller than I wanted. Oh well, not re-doing them. I will be excited when Sarina and Eli's birthday is over with and the anniversary luau is over with and I can relax from all this planning. I feel so overwhelmed with excitement for it to all happen but I just want it over with at the same time. So that was family night. A little better this time around. With family planning, scripture, prayer and smoothies!!

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter