Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, unless you are a blogger!

For about 4 yrs I have wanted to join David in Vegas. I have either been Pregnant, Just had a baby, broke, or not had child care to go. This year we decided to have me tag along. I didn't spend much money except on food. I stayed mostly in the hotel or on the strip site seeing. The hotels there are amazing! We did see the blue man group, which was suppose to be Lion King. Ah well. I definitely came home and immediately bought vegetables and fruit. I felt like I at really bad there. All snacks and junk. No good meals unless you paid 15-30 a meal. ridiculous.
I hate to fly, and if you know David. This bugs him a bit. (he has a pilot license and he asked me to marry him in a plane, which was fine) We took separate planes because work would not pay for my ticket. I am sure David loved not listening to me complain Out loud that I hate to fly in big planes. I don't mind the heights I guess it is a fear of leaving my family behind and crashing. Which would result in my death and a huge mess to deal with at home. I would go back with the kids to just stay in the hotels. Everything else there is pointless. See it one time and you are good! I did like that our hotel had a beach. I loved it, until I got burnt. Then that ended my days at the beach. I loved having time to sleep in. I loved being by myself for a bit. Then I would think of my 4 kids at home and cry. I loved the night life and how alive Vegas can get. Including the rude drunk guy at the blue man show. I loved that I spent some time with David! I loved that It felt like a secret get away and that his boss didn't even know I was there! I loved that he chose me over a dinner with his boss and co-workers to have dinner with me and see a show. They must have thought he had a HOT (Sun burned, my version) Date! The kids were in Great Hands! My friend Amy took Eli and my mom took the other 3. It was perfect. I would leave them again if the opportunity presented itself. Next trip though is Disneyland! With the kids and with sunscreen! I didn't worry too much. In fact I don't remember thinking about the kids until night time. When I knew bed time might be rough with out my good night kisses, extra love and a drink. I love my kids and my husband. So happy to be home.


I ate here 2 times. Once by myself while David was in a meeting. Pretty well priced meals. Felt like home. I hated the TV on with football during dinner. So loud!




Venetian Hotel. Very impressive. Loved the curved escalators for some reason.
Art, whats that? LOL

Blue Man Group...Cool...not sure I would see them again unless they changed a few things. Blue man hanging with David and trying not to laugh at his stupid joke!


The Luxor Hotel. One of my favorite Hotels. SO unique.


Our Hotel...Mandalay Bay!


Excalibur. Stayed here once before. A few things have changed in the last 10 yrs and I still hate that their hotel is the stinkiest!


Our beach at Mandalay bay. Where I got my nasty burn! Only in 4 hours time. I spent one day here. I bought a tube and was lazy in the lazy river pool.

Beautiful sun! Where have you been? I have missed you!

Why can't we have trees like this here? So cool!

Cool that we got pictures with them. They were really nice!
Oh and I did gamble a little. Lost 15 dollars. Spent 2 more at the airport and got back the 2 plus 2.50 So I didn't come out ahead but at least I won 2.50 back!
Slot machines are pointless too! I call it the casino zombie house of chaos! The people there have no clue when they are gambling. They get so into it. They get lost in the machines and lose everything. Glad we still have a mortgage, car etc.








































































































No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter