Stiches out and healing.
Today you had Maria over. You had a wonderful time playing. The boys have been going to school. Eli is in Extended school year (also known as summer school) Dean has been attending a local preschool. So I have been planning play dates for you. Today was your first play date of the summer with the boys gone. Carver is too young to do anything. SO we put him down for 1 hr rest while you and Maria played with ponies. I pulled out the girl bucket for you. It had ponies, barbies, dolls, dress up stuff and your little McDonald toys. You both LOVED it! You watched Rainbow bright and then headed up stairs to play in your room. Which I found out later, turned into you making forts in the boys room. After playing upstairs We played beauty parlor and I did both your hair and nails. Maria was so excited and you both wanted to look like each other. So I did your hair the same. Two braids together into a pony tail. You ate lunch sort of. Maria and you decided on carrots, cheese sticks and jello with milk. Maria hated our jello. I think it tastes like coke. But it was really orange mixed with lime. I painted nails and then it was back into the movie room to make a fortress out of chairs and blankets. You and maria ended up coloring in the fortress. Maria's mom came to get her and that's when you fell. We were heading to get Dean from preschool. You put on some sandals that were a little too big. You went running out the door and did a superman trick off our steps. With your head first into the ground, you got up quick and started to cry. Your head looked like a leaky faucet. It was dripping so much. I got you up, checked you out and then ran to get the first aid bag. We butterfly band aid it and put another band aid over it to hold the blood in. It seemed to have stopped. I almost kept you home but I decided to take you in to check to see how bad it really was and if you had a concussion. It bled two other times. You did a super job at the Dr's office. You let the 2 Dr's sew it up with 2 stitches without a peep. The boys and I waited to see how bad it was. The Dr was excited to see all the kids together. But got annoyed when Dean shut the light off on him and tried to steal his seat. You left the Dr's with a hello kitty sticker and we all decided that we needed some "Brave girl dilly bars" from Dairy Queen. So we got some! I am so proud of you Sarina for being so brave and although this was not one of your BEST days, it is one to remember. I was a little shaky myself tyring to clean you up. In fact all my common sense and first aid knowledge paused for half a second. Maria's mom helped me to remember what to do.



No comments:
Post a Comment