Papa took us to the Er and I thought it was so cute when we left that you were holding his hand.
You in the ER holding a bear and you were so Happy. (i dunno why).
Your cut from the rock.
I know a lot of people around us must think I don't take care of you kids. When you have a big family things happen. They happen all the time and they happen sometimes at the same time. Last week we got out your sisters stitches. Just in time for you to get your very own. Sat July 23rd, 2011. Sarina and you were playing in the backyard. You were in the back of the wagon. I know because I was watching you. I told her the first time not to pull you boys in it. I stopped her from pulling carver in it. But then you got in and before we knew it, you were sitting there with blood running down your cheeks and forehead. Sarina had been pulling you down the hill. then you really got pulled and fell out the back and hit a rock. A red decorative garden rock the size of a soccer ball. I felt really bad that my warning the first time was not as clear, and that you still managed to ignore it and try to have fun in the wagon. I will tell you though, you were so brave. You cried for a few minutes when you were in shock. I checked you out and then ran you up to the tub to wash you off. I put pressure on your cute little head. You sat still in your wet jeans and shirt. We began to take your pants off and decided whether you needed the ambulance to come or if we should just take you in. We decided that since the cut stopped bleeding we would take you in. I made Sarina come to learn a lesson. We told her she was the Dean Protector now. She had to watch over you. She went and saw the 4 stitches that the Dr put in your head and we told her she needs to listen when we tell her NOT to do something, Like pulling you boys in the red metal wagon. I am sure you fell pretty hard but for some reason by the time we got to the ER in Redmond, you were as calm as any person I have ever met. You did not cry, you did not say a word, you sat quietly and you were very happy. The Dr. that put stitches in you, said you were his MOST favorite patient. Since 1984 he had never seen a kid as brave as you. He said most cry and fight him when he does stitches. You didn't even flinch when he stuck that long needle in your cut. I did a little. Only because I was worried you wouldn't take it. I guess that was just the motherly protective instinct kicking in. We were all amazed at how well you did. The ER even gave you a teddy bear and some stickers. Today I picked you up at preschool. The teacher said you told her all about it. "I fell out of the wagon and my mommy took me to the Dr's and I got all fixed up" It was so cute how she told it back to me. I know there are lessons to be learned when we have pain happen to us, heart ache or stress. It is just hard to see you kids go through trials. I know god watches over our family and I know that we are very fortunate that the fall was not worse than it was. (with both falls) Now that you are getting better and I see the cut healing, I know you will be OK and your life will go on. It is so important to listen to your parents. I know you won't always and that's OK. I love the quote from Nemo "if nothing ever happens to him, then nothing will ever happen." This life is for growth and you did grow a little after this accident. You showed me how brave you are and that you can manage pain. That the affliction you were experiencing was not made out to be a big deal. You dealt with everything very well and I am proud of you for that. You also didn't yell at your sister for pulling you to hard and you were so good listening to everything anyone wanted to do when we had to take care of you. You saved our ears by not screaming or crying, when I expected it for the amount of pain you must have been in. I am just amazed. Hopefully you will take life and all it has to offer with the attitude you had the night you got stitches. You are one Optimistic boy!






No comments:
Post a Comment