Monday, August 8, 2011

Eli:



Eli attended ESY this summer aka Summer school aka Extended school year. He had a blast and made a lot of friends. Many of which go to different schools and he will probably never see again. But he loved it. I loved it. He was so happy when he came home from school. It was only half day and he had 3 teachers to 10 or so kids. If he could continue this for the full school year, we will be in business! The last day of ESY he fell off the monkey bars. I knew he would be the next child in line. Carver got his stitches a few months back. With Dean and Sarina getting them this month, I was just waiting for it. The sad news is the school didn't even call me when it happened. I waited it out after I picked him up to take him to the Dr. He didn't seem in too much pain and he could move his wrist. But after 3 hours the pain really set in and I caved. 4 kids and we headed to the Dr's. Brave person am I. "CRAZY" So Then they looked at it and said X-ray. So "crazy" me took them all to the new ER in Redmond to get xrays. I think they should just moved Pediatrics over there too fyi! Then back to the Dr's to review. What a crazy afternoon. By that time David was home so I unloaded 2 kids with him and took Eli and Sarina with me. I decided since I was there I would have her get her kindergarten shots. Worked out nicely. So he did not break anything but they put a splint on anyway to prevent anything for being pulled more or breaking or whatever. Made him feel better. Just a little splint but it made the pain stop and it held his hand straight so he could not bend it. He had to skip out on swimming that night and gymnastics was challenging for the coaches. We also made a class up for gymnastics that night and he was fine. SO fine he got sweaty and took it off. As I have my Hawk Eye open, I am awaiting the next child to do or have something go wrong with them. This is so sad that I am thinking this. Worried all the time...maybe, protective....definitely, and absolutely a mother that doesn't want her kids, sick, injured or hurt in any way. SO glad his arm was not broken. So glad we are settling down from a crazy summer. Looking forward to a more scheduled school year. More predictable maybe. We love you Eli!

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter