Update:
Eli has two teachers that alternate. He loves school so far and is completing the work. This usually lasts for a month or two and then it dies off. I am crossing my fingers he will stay with it this year.
Sarina has Eli's old kindergarten teacher. She loves her! She is doing well and I have been told she is a hard worker. I am pretty excited to see her in school all day. She loves to do projects and work in groups. So I know she is just loving it!
Dean is at a local preschool still. He is being evaluated for sensory needs next week. We will also find out if he qualifies for preschool at this time. I am crossing my fingers that he does. This will take care of 3 years of preschool for him if he qualifies. Since his birthday is in October he will be 6 yrs old when he starts regular school.
Carver is growing fast and wearing all of deans clothes. They pretty much share clothes. Dean is short and carver is tall, so I get by with them sharing for now. Carver loves pretend play with his siblings, he loves to help clean with the broom and loves to vacuum. He loves to sit on daddy's lap and hang out. When David goes into the green house, Carver is right there trying to spray the plants with the sprayer. Daddy's little helper for sure.
David is surviving at Microsoft. He may not have a job soon if he doesn't relocate. They have no work for him so they are basically paying him to sit. We know that will only last until October or November when they might be doing more lay offs. So he is trying to find another job to replace the one he has now.
Me? Well I am surviving 4 kids under the age of 7. Two are in school now so that helps a little with the house and not being too stressed out. Dean is gone half days, so it has been great to get to know my Carver all by himself. I had some thyroid problems. I finally got that under control and I am going to start working out again. I have lost 9 pounds and I have been planning Eli's baptism a little early. It is in March but I want it planned and invites done. I am not the best planner and so things that take someone 1 week might take me 3 months etc. I have been cleaning out things in our house and trying to get rid of things we don't need. I am reading a book right now on how to organize your house if you have adhd. Some of the tips are insightful and i have put them to use already. Some are working and some I will have to adapt too eventually. The biggest one I am battling are the toys in our house. They are not aloud in the bedrooms and that only leaves the play room. It has been challenging to do this because the kids just walk all over the house with them. I need to come to the conclusion that I will always have toys around until all the kids are in school. Something that is hard for me right now. I hate disorganized homes. Especially when I can not function in it. Our dishwasher is broken, our cabinet broke, and the faucet broke all at once. we are working on getting them fixed. Otherwise I feel blessed. I never thought or ever thought I would have 4 children. I never thought I could be married as long as I have been with my quirky personality, and I never knew that life could bring so many blessings when you decide to put god and your family first above all things. We have our struggles as a family and we are not perfect but we manage. We love each other and that is all that matters right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment