This weekend we sent the kids over to David's parents for Saturday and night; most of Sunday. They attended church with them too. While they were gone I secretly planned a party and invited everyone over. We had lots of great food and played tons of games! NOT! but I am sure that is what the kids think when I take them to grandma's!
What I really did was clean. I called my mom and told her I was lost and did not where to begin and she offered to come right over. My best friend in this world beside my husband and who is always there for me~was there for me! She said she was gonna spend ONLY 1-2 hours and stayed for almost 4. We really hit it hard. I have been laid up with a bad ankle and If you have kids, well more than 2, you know the house can turn into a dumpster over night. SO we had to clean clean clean.
My dad and I got Chang's Mongolian grill and brought it home in time for David to return. He took the kids out to snohomish for the night. We ate dinner and watched a cheesy movie. "my moms new boyfriend"I it think was the name. I think I fell asleep. Next thing I knew it was 10am Sunday morning and my body could not move. I must have overworked myself. Or I was realizing that I actually need 10 hours of sleep. I got up, showered and went to church. Something I haven't wanted to do this year very much. I just have lost interest in going. Lack of friends has been mostly the case. I just don't feel like I belong there. The wrong reason to attend church, Believe me I know. But it is hard to be somewhere you don't feel needed or wanted. Carver is almost 18 months and I will have 4 months before baby 5 comes to enjoy church again. He will be in nursery and I can attend class without distractions of a baby.
We had a great time with the kids being gone but I do miss them the minute they leave. I worry of course like all or most moms do. Will they be OK? will they listen and not go outside without an adult? will they eat, sleep and be kind to each other? Will they come back happy? Will they enjoy there time and have good memories? Will I feel guilty for shoving them away because I need time to clean without them around? (which BTW I don't) Will they be good at church and go to a unfamiliar class and listen? Believe me I worry. I know things work out and people manage and for that I can relax a little. even if it is not they way I would have done things.
I appreciate them taking them. It is a lot of work to raise our kids. Kids in general. But our kids. You better have your belt loaded with fun things, patience, and more patience. I think they can hit every button you have on you as a mom and they know what ticks you off the most. In fact they repeat it over and over just to get that reaction. But I love them.
We went to pick them up tonight.
We had chicken divan, my MOST favorite dish and apple pie. Grandma and the kids made it. So Delicious.
It is so fun to see David's parents with the kids. I get a small glimpse of what it might have been like for him growing up and the type parents they were with him. They aren't perfect in my eyes with how to help with our kids but they do a pretty dang good job, regardless. They always come back telling us stories, and how grandpa read books to them. How they played with the toys and colored all day.
I also gave Sarina a hair cut tonight at their house. I need to trim some more since it is a little messed up, but the length is cute. I took about 1.5 inches off. She loves it. Her teacher will like that she can see.
I tried to cuts the boys hair but they were to wiggly. I cut enough off Eli's so he could see. Dean and Carver were just to busy to let me touch them.
We watched The movie Bambi tonight. Well, sort of. We watched it but could not hear most of it. The kids were still to excited to sit and watch all of it. One of David's first words was "BIRD". Which I have to make fun of every time I hear Bambi say it. Because it is so cute.


No comments:
Post a Comment