Tonight we had my dad and his wife Heather over for dinner. The kids loved to see grami and papa. I was too. David however decided to go see weird al without me at the fair. He originally planned on going but I had work. So I invited my dad over. David called me from work making sure I would not be mad at him when he got home if he decided to go anyway. I didn't really care I had my roast and family over. We ate our dinner and had strawberry shortcake right after. I have not had that in a long while. Maybe 10 yrs or so. I think they changed the puffy sponge cake or something. I don't remember it being so sweet. Either way it was yummy. The kids got down from the table and I had to litterally hose Sarina down in the shower she was so yucky! Dad and heather played hungry hippo with Eli and I. Sarina danced around the table trying to grab all the balls from grami's hands. we put puzzles together and eli was happy to have help and see the end result. I took a few pics but not sure how to load them right now. We also got these really cool hellicopters to play with. So Eli and I tried to show dad and heather how they fly. The battery was dead they would not even take off hardly. Anyway. the dinner was awesome. I don't normally eat roast unless it is winter or if I go out to eat. Red meat is just not that healthy. So, now saying that, we had roast, corn on the cob, salad, garlic bread,rice, and roast overs (veggies and potatoes out of the slow cooker). It was delicious!
I will have to thank my friend Sarah though. She went to the store for me and bought a few groceries. I paid her back though. I just could not go with all my kids sleeping. The night before the kids would not let me do anything. So thank you sarah! Everything turned out awesome. Dad and heather left and the kids waved goodbye. I was sad to see them go. The kids enjoy their company a lot, so do I.


No comments:
Post a Comment