Sunday, February 22, 2009
10 yrs and counting
David and I have known each other for 10yrs now. In 2 days is our anniversary of when he asked me to marry him. Our 9 yr anniversary is April 28Th. I was asked to marry him in an Cessna airplane. It took 5 times getting me up in the air with him flying the airplane before I said...well nothing at first because I was crying and then I finally got the nerve to say yes. There were so many obstacles keeping him from asking it was ridiculous. 1st I forgot my glasses, so seeing the marry me crystal on Alki beach with Red danger tape was not possible. Then in rained on us. One time his friend forgot to set it up on time. SO we got up in the air and just flew around. I don't remember what happened the other two times. Fog or something. But once he got me up there and said "look down there, what do you see"? I figured by the 5Th time flying over Alki beach he was trying to ask me something. His friend kept talking in code to keep it from me and I knew something was up. So red Danger tape, like caution tape but it is red and says Danger on it. His friend and x-girlfriend spelled it out with rocks holding the tape down in the sand. I wish I had a picture. It was amazing to see from and airplane. I can only imagine what others thought down below. It was so cute He popped out my engagement ring while trying to fly the plane. He was shaking. Then I remember him saying "WELL". I couldn't answer right away. I knew he was going to ask but it still hit me really hard and I was overwhelmed by how he asked, It took awhile to answer. I of course said YES! We flew around the area for awhile circling the Red danger tape beach where it was spelled out. I remember him saying that we were not suppose to fly that low but he was chancing it because we had to get close enough to the beach to see the words. It was AWESOME! Breathtaking. It is something I will always remember and treasure that we both have a memory of. I don't know if I could ever go back up now that I am mom. I think he figured if I could trust him to fly me up 5 times in an airplane then I must trust and love him enough to say yes and marry him. We landed the airplane and then went out to eat. It was the perfect night. I remember being jittery (probably not a word) the rest of the night I was so excited. I had to share this with everyone. How were you asked? What did your husband do to ask for your hand in marriage? Or did you ask him? I want to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:
Post a Comment