Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rachel Esplin Day of Faith at Hardvard....

I think Rachel Esplin did a great job answering these questions. I feel like the other religions felt lost with some of the similar questions and they were not answered to the fullest potential. It makes me feel good inside to know that there are so many religions out there and that there are differences so that I can feel the truth when it is spoken. I do agree that she could have elaborated a little more on some of the questions, but for someone that was in a hot seat, I think she did an awesome job! I hope you enjoyed the video. We have passed this around within our family and have had discussion about this video. How would you answer these same questions? Obviously there are similar answers because it is the truth but how would you phrase the answers. For me personally it would take me a long time to answer these questions. I feel it more within my heart not so much based off of the scriptures and facts etc. But by the spirit. SO for me it would be hard to answer like Rachel did, with using words etc. I am all about the spirit telling me it is true. I believe there are 2 different or more ways a person can feel the church is true. Some it is studying the scriptures, studying other religions along with the LDS religion etc. But for me it is all about the Feelings. Reminds me of an oldies song my mom always sings. "feelings, nothing more than feelings....well the song isn't about religion but I was just thinking of that song. I am definitely a person that needs to expand that side of my brain and accumulate more knowledge so that i can express it in words. When I was a child I knew the church was true. I knew it, I felt it and the scriptures, people, the spirit, etc. confirmed that every Sunday. well, pretty much every day if I was that in tunned.

Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose - 3. Rachel Esplin from Harvard Hillel on Vimeo.

No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter