
This is how I feel a room should look like. I know that it never ends like this. Because then we would not have kids or furniture etc.
But today I cleaned my little Fanny off!
I got the movie/rock wall room clean, the dinning room pretty much clean and the play room cleaned.
I got rid of 3 HUGE black bags of garbage and paper work. (YES, the kids make this much mess)
4-6 HUGE black bags of just stuff. (toys, stuff i don't need anymore, Davids stuff, etc etc etc)
a broken car seat
a table
a stove
Plant leaves....from our 2 palm trees
a vacuum
clothes
ON and ON and ON....
The kids were at The Grandparents house. Otherwise I would not have accomplished all this.
I use to be so worried about having a clean house. I would yell at everyone even myself to get things picked up. I would get so frustrated that I thought a house of order meant having a clean house. Boy was I wrong. I try to look at it now as, DO I read my scriptures, do we say our prayers, do we attend church, do we have family night, do we have date night, do we attend the temple, do we do the things that make our family stay in order and Make Heavenly father happy with us? DO we choose the right?
This to me is more.... of a house of order. I let go on the cleaning sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if it is my house. Or if I am a Hoarder from a reality TV show. Which I did watch today and it did help me to clean and get rid of a lot of junk. Extra stuff that is just that...STUFF. Stuff that makes you mad, makes you feel cramped and makes you feel so out of order that you want to scream. Imagine getting rid of the important things that makes a house of order. I think I would scream too if I could not keep everyone on task and in order. But I find that it is easier to keep this order than a clean house. I did relate to this one hoarder though today. I see a great deal and have a hard time passing it up. Food=12-20 boxes of cereal in our pantry, food storage in all the kids closets (not in there anymore), 3-4 gals of milk a week when we really only go through maybe 2. Frozen cheese in the freezer, buy one get one roasts (when I don't have any more freezer space), etc. I think I just see the deal and get it. Don't even get me started on the dollar store dilemma. So cheap. Such cheap fun. Christmas smiles every year from the cheap fun. That then leads to disorganized crap all over the house. Not so fun.
David told me one time he would rather have a happy wife that had everything else in order than a wife that yelled at everyone to get things picked up and perfect. I agree that everyone should do their share and help out. But to be perfect and have a clean room like the one in this picture is not in my reality. Although I fantasize about rooms like this. Even rooms that have stuff in them can look so organized and perfect. I related to this other girl too. She was saying how some people just have it come natural to them to keep up on a house. It does not come natural to me. Some people always have a clean home regardless. I dunno how they keep up. I pull my hair out daily to keep up. It is a huge challenge just to keep the dish's done or laundry kept up on. But I keep trying. This poor mother had a hallway full of laundry that had been there for 2 months, they were eating meals in the master bed and the kids could not even find their beds. I have seen this in our house but not as bad. the kitchen has always been my weak spot. So much that we have eaten in other places. Definitely not the bedroom as a family. But I wish I could keep up. I keep trying. I keep trying to get motivated and organized, This is always my goal. As is the other Goals that keep our home in order. I had another friend that told me to take pictures of my home when it was at its worst. I did a few times. I remember I was the happiest with my family because I was busy with them. I always admired the families that could keep these 2 together. But I admire the family that is so close and so in order, even though there house was a little bit messier than others. Okay enough of my rambles. I just had to vent I guess.
It just felt so good to clean again. It felt so good to have that time to clean. It felt so nice to know the kids were in good hands and that they enjoyed their stay at the grandparent's house. It felt so good to have a husband get them when they were ready to come home, so I could clean a little longer. It should always feel this good. The house is not completely cleaned but it is cleaned enough that I am happy with what I accomplished today on my own. Now hopefully I can move tomorrow. :O)


No comments:
Post a Comment