Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Until we meet again...

"Needie"
After the Viewing
Sign in!
Beautiful~
We will miss you.
What a hard post, but I decided that I needed to post it. I only know Needie through David. His best friend's family lives in Snohomish. Needie is the grandmother of the family. When David and I first had Elijah we moved into the house where needie lived with her daughter and son-in-law. It was a crazy time for us and we were trying to start a business. We sold our house and moved in for a year to see if we could get it going. Needie was always around. She would stop reading her scriptures to talk with me and play games with the kids. When I mean games, I mean like tease them. She was frail even then. We loved to play games with her Daughter who is a few yrs older than my mom. We would all sit around the table and play hours of settlers. We loved it. Needie loved watching us. We even played games she liked. Eli was young and loud and I am sure he annoyed her at times. But it was what it was at the time. We were trying to survive, while at the same time building a relationship with a great family. One that David already knew and had a relationship with. SO I guess his just grew stronger. I failed to mention living with them was awkward for me at first. He also dated their Daughter (Needie's grand daughter). I grew to love all of them, especially Needie. She was so real and loved everyone. She would read scriptures like crazy and study them for hours. She would crack jokes. This was funny because she was so quiet. Reminds me of myself. She would say the funniest things. She would get mad at Eli for playing around her feet. But not in a mean way. She always helped and did service even though she had problems. she helped with dish's a lot. Which in a house of 7-10 people on any given occasion was a lot. We all switched nights for cooking when we lived there with them. I really enjoyed our experience learning and growing together as a family. Needie and her family are now an extension of my family. I think of them as family. I love them as family. I cried today with them as a family. I will remember Needie as a grandmother figure. Needie's spirit was definitely there today as the service went on. When they took her out you could feel her leave the building. It is the weirdest most coolest thing I have ever felt. TO know someone that much and to recognize them there is awesome. A feeling I hope to not experience again for awhile but a cool experience at the same time. I always cry. But I also cried more today when We sang the last song. The meaning of the words meant a lot more to me than normal and there was a higher, deeper meaning. (I just wish I could remember the song now). Dang memory. I know it toughed me though enough to cry more. We heard from her daughter, son-in-law and her grand kids. The great grand kids sang a beautiful song. Ages were 3,5,7, and 9. It was really cute. We also heard from others that shared their memories of Needie. This was nice because I learned more about her. It was a great service and the second service I have ever been to in my life. It was good to go. It was good to say "Until we meet again"...We love you! It was good to be supportive and most of all to love her. We will miss her. A LOT. I am short of words other than what I have already said because I have not had many people pass away in my life. I am still adjusting to accepting death as a good thing. She was frail. In fact she told us at our last visit 4 weeks ago, that she was mad that all her friends had left and she was still here. I think she is very happy now and smiling. She is with her husband too. That would make me smile if I was her. That is all I can think to say right now. But it was important to attend. I am glad I did not skip out like I had talked about doing. The kids got pulled out of school and watched by my sister in law. Which was very helpful. Otherwise I would have stayed home. Until we meet again needie....






No comments:

Weight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter